Monday, March 2, 2009

Mr. Obama pick me

Dear President Obama,
I would like to serve my country. I believe I meet the criteria for a cabinet level position.

I have long been in service to this nation through my support of my Mom -- a hardworking American. I know, because during those days, I was stuck in my crate for 10-plus hours.

I make a concerted effort each day to read the news online with my Mom and listen to tidbits of CNN. While I may be distracted by a deer or cat that enters my domain (yard), I promise I can be very focused when I want to be. When Mom or Mr. Food Boy get ready to feed me, I am deliberate with every action. I know how to work the crowd (i.e. sit when asked to do so or lay down).

I work on command at times and independently when necessary or when I want, too. Mom could tell you how she sometimes keeps me under control with a spray bottle filled with water. Honestly, it stopped me the first few times. Now, I just want to drink the water. I think it's a great game.

I'm a team player, too. Just ask my step-dog sister Mauly. When we put our heads together, we can sometimes overpower just one of our people. Whether it is just jumping up for attention or to grab a crumb from dinner, I have learned the value of teamwork. It really helps you reach your goals or the bruschetta that Mr. Food Boy leaves unattended for a second on the coffee table.

My point, Mr. President, is that I can serve. As you look for talented team members, who cross party-lines, I can assure you I am your dog. In my younger days, I was caught many a day staring at the TV when former President Bush was speaking. I lost interest in hearing him speak after the market dropped last fall. Mom would be crying out at the TV when he spoke and the newscasters simultaneously showed the stock markets. (Psst ... I don't know if you know this, but the market reacts in a similar fashion when you and other cabinet officials speak.)

As a fiscal conservative, I have talents that will surely be useful in Washington. If you remain skeptical about my talents, I would remind you that I have never worked for dollars. I have always worked for pets, walks, hugs and cuddles. To my knowledge, I would pass any Senate committee vetting process on this point. No taxes are due. I promise.

Please consider me for a position in your administration. I can help. If you need me, I am ready to serve. My day currently consists of barking at random noises and naps.

Eddie

P.S. My dog cousin Moonpie taught me at an early age to bark at doorbells. Does the White House have one? I believe I can put my country's need to have cabinet members, who properly pay their taxes, above this individual need to bark.

No comments:

Post a Comment