Thursday, December 31, 2009

Our pack is expanding in 2010

Happy New Year to all. I've been busy over the last few months.

Mom has been keeping busy with other writing projects, so she hasn't been helping me. It makes it look like I've went dark, but I'm still very active.

I kept up with all the health care system reform debate. I've been absorbing all the economic news, as well as the Tiger Woods news. I just can't look away. Sorry to be a dog version of those rubber neckers on the highway.

In our household, Mom and Mr. Food Boy are getting ready to welcome a baby. Well, it's five months away, but you would think the kid had already arrived. They keep threatening to call the Dog Whisperer on Mauly and me. It probably wouldn't hurt, because we really need to be reminded of who runs the pack. The pecking order will surely change once the baby arrives.

Mom read something the other day and kept saying, "Things are going to change the month before the baby arrives." I heard her telling Mr. Food Boy about an article she read. It recommended weaning the attention away from your pets in the months leading up to the baby's arrival, as a way to hopefully avoid jealousy.

Mauly and I love our people, so it's going to be tough until they figure out how to deal with the baby. The baby has a name already -- Enzo. It starts with an E like my name, so I think that's cool.

Mom and Mr. Food Boy came up with the name after they listened to a book on tape. The character named Enzo was a dog. So, I'm thinking even with a baby they will remain "dog people."

Our pack had a great year in 2009 and we expect a great 2010 with our addition!

No comments:

Post a Comment