Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Rain, rain go away

Mom and Mr. Food Boy like this rain.

Mr. Food Boy was happy the ground was soaked, but not happy he had watered the lawn on Sunday evening before the heaven's opened up.

I think people call it a torrential downpour. I think torrential is the right word. It also flooded the garage. Despite all that, Mom and Mr. Food Boy were OK with the rain. They were discussing ways to avoid another flood. Mr. Food Boy put everything else on the shelves in the back of the garage.

Going outside becomes very cumbersome when it rains. Mom and Mr. Food Boy like to let us run around and around until we do our business. We can also play for a bit.

Mauly likes to sniff around in search of The Squirrel and the cat. I like to sniff around after Mauly.

Once our play time is over, we have to do more than just sit for the command to return inside. We must also have our paws washed. You humans can just wipe your feet on the rugs, but we can't.

Mom wipes down my paws with a towel. I sit at the top step waiting for Mauly to get cleaned up. Mauly's paws require the water hose. Then, she gets each paw towel dried. Sometimes Mauly doesn't pay attention and walks right back through the muddy water. The process gets repeated. I don't like the cleaning routine before returning home, but it's part of the rainy day ritual.

The other morning I ended up in the kitchen sink. Mr. Food Boy was eating his breakfast and I frolicked around in the mud trying to catch a toad. Mr. Food Boy worried the water hose might be too forceful, so he carried me covered in mud to the kitchen. He muttered as he cleaned me up, but that's OK. He's really nice to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment