Thursday, January 29, 2009

The sun and friends

While people in other parts of the country are wearing thin under the burden of winter, I am basking in the sun. Mr. Food Boy opened the curtains in the spare bedroom over the weekend. 

I can't see out the window, because I am too short. Mom won't let me jump up on the bed in here, so I can't see the birds, deer and cats wandering around our backyard. 

I can stretch out in the sunlight. Yesterday it was cool. Inside, I was warm and toasty in the sun. Mauly was right next to me most of the day. Her big, orange, "cat-like paws" were about an inch from my little furry gray ones. 

Mr. Food Boy heard the "cat-like paw" description on the Animal Planet. Now, he says it to Mauly. 

The family tried to go out for a walk yesterday, but a chocolate, Lab puppy stopped us at the four-way stop. I yelped and squealed so much that the man at the house on the corner came out of his front door. The dog appeared to be friendly, but Mom didn't take a chance. She picked me up, which really set me off. 

I barked all the way home at the dog as it circled around the family. It didn't bother us after Mr. Food Boy smacked its nose with Mauly's leash.  We all thought the Lab was going to get it when it approached the fabulous barking duo of Vegas and Jesse. Initially, they barked. The Lab was smart enough to realize that the pair were on wireless fences. 

Within a minute, the trio was in a triangle sniffing one another. All tails were wagging vigorously in the air.  In the end, the Lab simply wanted someone to play with while he was out wandering the big world. All the barking was just a smokescreen, they were all very friendly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment